[rt-users] How do I add a password to a Non-Privileged user?

Michael S. Baker mbaker at colltech.com
Mon Jun 23 12:08:04 EDT 2003

Richard Asp - richard wrote:

> I have a test installation of RT 3.0.2 running now on my system.
> Everything seems to work just fine EXCEPT that I cannot change a user
> from non-Privileged to Privileged as SuperUser!  I try Configuration
> -> Select User -> User is /_name_/  -> then click GO.  Even if I check
> the box to "Include disabled users in search" and still just list the
> Privileged users.  The non-Privileged uses don't get listed so I can
> make changes on their rights etc.
>
> I know the user is in the database because I cannot add a new user
> with the same user name or email address.  I have been through the
> documentation but I can't find out how to access these users.  What am
> I missing?

You have to actually search for the non-privilaged users with the form
presented on the select users page, non-privilaged users do not display
by default. The non-privilaged users that match your search will be
listed below the search fields and button, totally seperated from the
privilaged user display area.

Michael