[rt-users] RT 3.0.3 attachment conversion problem

Remy Chibois rchibois at free.fr
Wed Jun 25 03:53:06 EDT 2003

Hi all,

I've just upgraded my RT 3.0.2 to 3.0.3 and now have the following problem.

Binary attachments are converted to UTF-32BE when received by the mailgate and
then to utf-8 by EmailParser. The resulting ticket contains the attachment but
it is unusable (no filename, content screwed).

The problem seems to come from RT::I18N::SetMIMEEntityToEncoding. In 3.0.2, it
was converting "text/plain" parts, now it tries to convert every part without
testing if that part is an attachment.

I'm making a small patch for my site.
Does a fix already exists for this or is this MUA's fault (Outlook) ?

--
    Remy Chibois