[rt-users] RT 3.0.3 - severe problems in web frontend

Harald Wagener hwagener at hamburg.fcb.com
Wed Jun 25 04:36:47 EDT 2003

Dear list, after seeing no grave error reports on 3.0.3, I decided to
upgrade from 3.0.3pre1 (which ran fine except for some tickets setting
up MySQL to run in an endless loop, resulting in an internal server
error message from apache).

The upgrade seemed fine, but this morning my colleagues greeted me with
the information that the web frontend is not usable anymore: If You open
up a specific ticket and try to use the resolve/reply/comment links on
the ticket display, nothing happens and then an internal server error
message comes up.

Upgrading MySQL from 4.0.12 to 4.0.13 improved system behavior (no
mysqld eating up all available cpu time anymore), but still I get the
internal server error.

I tried to downgrade to 3.0.3pre1, but that did not work - Access
Control Lists seem to be backwards-incompatible (my user is super user
and was not allowed to see anything).

Some ticket paramteters can be modified using the bulk update feature,
but that is not an option for us.

I have logging set to debug, but get no additional information. Any help
to fix our live system are very welcome.

Incoming mails are still correctly processed into tickets, so we don't
lose information at least.

System Parameters:

RT 3.0.3, Apache 1.3.27, MySQL 4.0.13, mod_fastcgi 2.4.0

Regards,
    Harald Wagener