[rt-users] Ideal RT setup

Robert Spier rspier at pobox.com
Wed Jun 25 13:20:03 EDT 2003

> I use PostgreSQL (with small tunings mostly growing buffers).
> apache 1.3 and fastcgi. I used mod_perl, and well, the fact that it was not
> possible to jail virtualhosts from the others (I could access RT's
> components through another vhost) made me consider and adopt fastcgi.

While that _is_ a disadvantage of mod_perl, it has the benefit of
being able to detect when the user's browser has disconnected and can
abort things.  FastCGI can't.

If that kind of security is important to you, you may find yourself
happier with with each mod_perl tool running in a seperate apache1
instance, mod_proxied by a front end apache2.

-R