[rt-users] Re: [rt-devel] Patch for RT 3.0.3 attachment conversion problem

Remy Chibois rchibois at free.fr
Thu Jun 26 02:32:32 EDT 2003

Quoting Autrijus Tang <autrijus at autrijus.org>:

> On Wed, Jun 25, 2003 at 03:55:49PM +0200, Remy Chibois wrote:
> > The following patch seems to correct the problem and works for my
> setup.
> > Can you please give it a try ?
>
> This patch seems flawed in the sense that it breaks I18N.pm's
> capability of correctly handling high bits in non-text/plain
> attachment's file names.

Ok for that point but I never saw attachments filenames that
were not encoded using either "Quoted-Printable" or "Base 64".
Here, text parts are "text/plain" either Q or B encoded and
attachments (binaries) are for most part "application/*" or
"image/*" with filenames containing high bits encoded using
"Qutoed-Printable".
This is why the patch is flawed.

[..]
> I also cannot produce the UTF32LE problem here... It is probably
> a wrong thing to do if people somehow set it into
> @EmailInputEncodings.

my @EmailInputEncodings only contains "iso-8859-1" as all
incoming mails are using this format.

> Anyway, I'd like you (and others who notice this problem) to
> try I18N.diff and see what it comes out, so we can determine
> whether it's db-specific, mta-specific, or what.

Ok. I'll post results today.

Thank you.

--
    Remy Chibois