[rt-users] performance problem - RT3.0.3 on Postgresql 7.3.3

Val Luck VLuck at VMdirect.com
Thu Jun 26 21:45:41 EDT 2003

Hello RT users,

Just to add another data point, I am using rt-3-0-2 and postgresql-7.3.2 on Red Hat 8, and I am having the exact same issues with Reply/Resolve/Comment.  We have a relatively new install of and not a lot of tickets, and it can take 60-70 seconds when clicking on Reply/Resolve/Comment.

I'd love to know any performance tweaks that could be done to Red Hat, RT or PostgreSql...?

Val

-----Original Message-----
From: Sophie Rockhsar [mailto:sophia at aps.org]
Sent: Thursday, June 26, 2003 12:28 PM
To: rt-users at lists.fsck.com
Subject: [rt-users] performance problem - RT3.0.3 on Postgresql 7.3.3

Hi all,

Just upgraded to RT 3.0.3, on PostgreSql 7.3.3 (FreeBSD 4.8 box). The database
had already existed (and had RT 3.0.2 running on it), so I just got the
upgrade through the ports collection, and left the existing database intact.
I restarted the postgres server and apache, and that was all...

The performance of the database server is extremely bad when any
Reply/Resolve/Comment is issued on a ticket. Any suggestions?

Thanks much,
Sophie