[rt-users] rt2 to rt3

Asif Iqbal iqbala at qwestip.net
Sun Jun 29 19:37:06 EDT 2003

On Mon, 30 Jun 2003, CyberPro Support wrote:

> > > Yes, but I wouldn't use that dumpfile except to test, because it can
> > > potentially be inconsistent if something in the database changes while
> > > you're running it.
> >
> > I am planning to stop sendmail and web gui and then rerun the
> > "rt-2.0-to-dumpfile since date" *after* the priliminary dump process
> > finishes. This should cover any changes, made during the priliminary dump,
> > in the database. In that a correct assumption ?
> >

> What happens if a record is deleted?  I would use my first dump as a test,
> then when I knew it all worked ok, zero the database, take a final full dump
> are repeat my known and tested procedure.

The Tickets status will be changed only to dead. But the record won't get
removed since I am the only one who has root access to the database to
delete an entry. So I guess in my case it should be ok

Asif Iqbal
http://pgpkeys.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x8B686E08
There's no place like 127.0.0.1