[rt-users] bug or feature?

Matt Simonsen matt_lists at careercast.com
Tue Mar 4 19:09:48 EST 2003

After setting up both rt-2.1.75 and 2.1.79 and creating a new ticket (by
hand) I see a Closed: date (that is, the Resolved field is set in the
tickets table). This seems to me to be a bug, but I could be
misunderstanding its meaning.

When created I set the status of the ticket to new. When I close the
ticket the Resolved time is updated as I would expect. Basically I am
not sure why it has a value after creation. I would have expected it to
remain unset.

The only customization I have done is that I have modified the Makefile
so as to not create any scrips when I reset the database.

Am I seeing a bug or a feature? Any explanation would be appreciated -
at least a "me too" so as to know it's the way it universally works.

Thanks
Matt Simonsen