[rt-users] 2.x > 3.x

Bruce Campbell bruce_campbell at ripe.net
Tue Mar 11 08:53:13 EST 2003

On Tue, 11 Mar 2003, Andy Harrison wrote:

> Wondering if this is possible.  If I take an sql dump from an old rt
> server (it might be rt-2-0-13) and load it into my own db, can the rt dumper
> grab it from there without installing rt2?

You'll still need the RT2 libraries, which the dumper uses.  These can be
copied from the old server into a temporary directory, and appropriate
'use lib' (rt2-dumper) and $DatabaseHost changes (config.pm) will work.

( ie, theres varying levels of 'install' ;) )

> The perl version is so old on the
> rt 2.x server I can't even run the rt-2.0-to-dumpfile script.

Which version of perl is 'so old' ?

                   Systems/Network Engineer                             NCC
                 www.ripe.net - PGP562C8B1B             Operations/Security