[rt-users] 2.x > 3.x

Aaron Wilson aaron.wilson at computing-services.oxford.ac.uk
Wed Mar 12 10:00:03 EST 2003

  Andy> rt2 db.  Used rt-2.0-to-dumpfile to create the rt dump.  Started
  Andy> running the dumpfile-to-rt-3.0 and it looked like it was going to
  Andy> work, but hit a snag.  Any clues on this one?

  Andy> (my theory is that it's just refusing to import an attachment with
  Andy> the word 'obtundent' in it... ;)

The upgrade script doesn't correctly quote the Content part for the
postgresql type bytea (I think \ needs to be \\\\ amoung other things).

One (evil) fix is to change the schema to use text instead of bytea

A related question: why is the new postgresql schema using bytea instead of
text (as it used to in 2.0.x) ?

Aaron