[rt-users] rt2 almost works rt3 doesn't

Phil Homewood pdh at bestpractical.com
Fri Mar 14 00:59:05 EST 2003

Shmulik Gazit wrote:
> the only thing that doesn't work is sending email to CCs/AdminCC.
> in the debug file I see an empty TO: field and the admin CCs are BCCed.
> from config.pm I understand it should work (it doesn't matter if I put
> "friendly" on 0 or 1).

That's normal behaviour. RT's idea of an AdminCC is someone who
is notified/copied on transactions. It doesn't bear any real
relationship to the "Cc:" header in the email.

This is generally desirable, to prevent requestors from short-
circuiting the ticketing system and replying direct to staff.
If you really want to change it, lib/RT/Action/Notify.pm is
where you should look.

CCs should appear in the "Cc:" header, however.

> rt3's seems to be working well webwise but no ticket is opened, nor do I get
> an error back to my mailbox.
> I'm trying to find the $LogDir - didn't find it, so I put /tmp/rt.log
> instead, but still nothing gets created even if I change the $LogToFile to
> 1.

See the section on Logging in RT_Config.pm. "1" is not a valid
LogToFile value. You want one of the levels listed in RT_Config.pm.
--
»|« http://www.bestpractical.com/rt  -- Trouble Ticketing. Free.