[rt-users] Running RT2 & RT3 on same machine

David C. Troy dave at toad.net
Tue Mar 25 13:59:59 EST 2003

For a variety of reasons, I came to the conclusion that I'd like to try to
run RT2 and RT3 in parallel on the same machine for a while.

I attempted to do this by simply setting up Apache with two virtual hosts
(say rt2.x.com, rt3.x.com) and linked each to /opt/rt2, /opt/rt3
respectively.  Databases exist for each, etc.

Apache/mod_perl seems to not enjoy having both rt2 and rt3 running in the
same webserver.  I assume this is due to program/namespace conflicts.  Is
there any easy solution to this (v3 webmux.pl trying to clobber v2
webmux.pl's namespace, etc), or do I have to run entirely separate
instances of apache?

Thanks,
Dave