[rt-users] RT3, automatic created users

Matthias Juchem lists at konfido.de
Wed Mar 26 09:42:53 EST 2003

Hi.

I've just installed RT3 (with mysql, perl 5.6.1 and mod_perl 1.x).
I have a running RT2 instance, from which I transferred the settings.

Now I've got a little problem: Users who exist in RT can create tickets
via mail, but users who do not exist cannot do so.

I have looked through the config file multiple times, but did not find
anything. Maybe you see the problem with the config file that follows
below.

Another thing I found is in RT.pm:

=item LoadConfig

Load RT's config file. First, go after the core config file.
After that, try to load the vendor config.
After that, go after the site config.

=cut

sub LoadConfig {
    local *Set = sub { $_[0] = $_[1] unless defined $_[0] };
    if ( -f "$SITE_CONFIG_FILE" ) {
        require $SITE_CONFIG_FILE
          || die ("Couldn't load RT config file '$SITE_CONFIG_FILE'\n$@");
    }
    require $CORE_CONFIG_FILE
      || die ("Couldn't load RT config file '$CORE_CONFIG_FILE'\n$@");
    RT::I18N->Init;
}

Either I am totally confused here, or the code snippet does not what the
POD comment above says: it loads SITE_CONFIG first and then overwrite the
settings with CORE_CONFIG. Shouldn't it be vice versa?

Back to my first problem: I did not create RT_SiteConfig.pm, but changed
the settings in RT_Config.pm because of the code snippet above. So if that
code is wrong, my problem is not caused by that code.

Here is my config file:

package RT;
Set($rtname , "example.com");
Set($Organization , "example.com");
Set($MinimumPasswordLength , "6");
Set($Timezone , 'CET');
Set($DatabaseType , 'mysql');
Set($DatabaseHost   , 'localhost');
Set($DatabaseRTHost , 'localhost');
Set($DatabasePort , '');
Set($DatabaseUser , 'rt3');
Set($DatabasePassword , 'passssswoooord');
Set($DatabaseName , 'rt3');
Set($DatabaseRequireSSL , undef);
Set($OwnerEmail , 'rtowner at example.com');
Set($LoopsToRTOwner , 1);
Set($StoreLoops , undef);
Set($MaxAttachmentSize , 10000000);
Set($TruncateLongAttachments , undef);
Set($DropLongAttachments , 1);
Set($ParseNewMessageForTicketCcs , undef);
Set($RTAddressRegexp , '\@example.com$');
Set($CanonicalizeEmailAddressMatch   , 'subdomain.example.com$');
Set($CanonicalizeEmailAddressReplace , 'example.com');
Set($SenderMustExistInExternalDatabase , undef);
Set($CorrespondAddress , 'general-correspond at example.com');
Set($CommentAddress , 'general-comment at example.com');
Set($MailCommand , 'sendmailpipe');
Set($SendmailArguments , "-oi -t");
Set($SendmailPath , "/usr/sbin/sendmail");
Set($UseFriendlyToLine , 1);
Set($NotifyActor, 0);
Set($LogToSyslog    , 'debug');
Set($LogToScreen    , 'error');
Set($LogToFile      , undef);
Set($LogToFileNamed , "$LogDir/rt.log");    #log to rt.log.<pid>.<user>
Set($WebPath , "");
Set($WebBaseURL , "http://example.com");
Set($WebURL , $WebBaseURL . $WebPath . "/");
Set($WebImagesURL , $WebURL . "NoAuth/images/");
Set($LogoURL , $WebImagesURL . "rt.jpg");
Set($TrustHTMLAttachments , undef);
Set($WebExternalAuth , undef);
Set($WebFallbackToInternalAuth , undef);
Set($WebExternalGecos , undef);
Set($WebExternalAuto , undef);
@EmailInputEncodings = qw(utf-8 iso-8859-15 iso-8859-1 us-ascii) unless
(@EmailEncodings);
Set($EmailOutputEncoding , 'utf-8');
Set($DateDayBeforeMonth , 1);
Set($AmbiguousDayInPast , 1);
1;

One thing I am sure about is the "LookupSenderInExternalDatabase" option.
It is only mentioned in this comment:

# If $SenderMustExistInExternalDatabase is true, RT will refuse to
# create non-privileged accounts for unknown users if you are using
# the "LookupSenderInExternalDatabase" option.
# Instead, an error message will be mailed and RT will forward the
# message to $RTOwner.

but I did not find it in the original config file or in the draft manual.

TIA for your help.

Best regards,
 Matthias