[rt-users] Re: Automatically Creating New Users

bill at daze.net bill at daze.net
Mon Mar 31 16:31:13 EST 2003

Hello,

We just tooked the leap from RT1.x to RT3 this past weekend.  The
following issue had me scratching my head as well (it needs to be added to
the RT3 manual).  Anyway, I'm scratching my head again due to this message
(see my question below).

>>>When J. Random User sends email to my support@ mail address which
>>>connects to rt-mailgate correctly, I get an email sent to root telling
>>>me that, "RT could not load a valid user, and RT's configuration does
>>>not allow for the creation of a new user for your email."
>>
>>  http://lists.fsck.com/pipermail/rt-users/2003-March/012631.html
>>  http://lists.fsck.com/pipermail/rt-users/2003-March/012633.html
>
>This second message correctly resolved my problem. I didn't appricate
>that adding in extra permissions was needed to get things like this working.

http://lists.fsck.com/pipermail/rt-users/2003-March/012633.html states

"It turns out that assigning the privilege "Create Ticket" to the Global
System Group "Unprivileged" was all that needed to happen to fix this."

However the RT doc at http://fsck.com/rtfm/article.html?id=2#214 states

"To allow arbitrary remote users to submit tickets into a given queue by
email, grant "Everyone" the rights to "SeeQueue", "CreateTicket",
"ReplyToTicket" and "CommentOnTicket" for that queue."

Jesse, which one is the proper or recommended way to do this?

Thanks!

 --
"If Verisign is the 'Value of Trust',
  then trust ain't worth much any more." - me

Spam Trap Mail Key: ASK and you shall receive