[rt-users] Log file timestamps show GMT instead of US/Hawaii (GMT-10).

Bruce Campbell bruce_campbell at ripe.net
Thu May 1 05:39:20 EDT 2003

On Wed, 30 Apr 2003, Camron W. Fox wrote:

> 	We have recently upgraded from 2.0.13 to 2.0.15. Timestamps are now
> appearing in the log files (a good thing), however, even though the timezone
> in config.pm is set for US/Hawaii, the rt.log files are showing GMT times.

By default, the callback in lib/RT.pm for logging is (InitLogging() ):

            callbacks => sub {my %p=@_; return "[".gmtime(time)."]
[".$p{level}. "]: $p{message}\n"}

Which basically returns times in GMT (a good thing).  You can change the
'gmtime' in the above to 'localtime' to get log times in your local
(system)  timezone.

> Phone:		(808) 934-4102

You missed the '+1' there.

                   Systems/Network Engineer                             NCC
                 www.ripe.net - PGP562C8B1B             Operations/Security