[rt-users] Re: [rt-devel] DBIx-SearchBuilder 0.81 released

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Sun May 4 01:49:00 EDT 2003

[Again, this doesn't need to be cross-posted to both rt-devel and
rt-users]

On Sat, May 03, 2003 at 07:47:18AM -0500, David Wheeler wrote:
> On Saturday, May 3, 2003, at 07:41  AM, Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai wrote:
>
> >I never saw anyone respond to my emails on the subject where there was
> >called for testing with pgsql and your newer DBIx::SearchBuilder.  In
> >those emails I said that performance hadn't changed very much to make
> >it
> >worthwhile.
> >
> >So I wonder what changed which makes you say the above?
>
> Truth to tell, on my Pg box, I didn't notice much improvement in
> performance, either. :-(

A number of folks wrote me to say that they saw dramatic speedups with
the new searchbuilder. I would, of course, appreciate additional help
tuning for postgres. I know there's been a suggested column type change
in the ACL system for faster querying which I haven't had a chance to
lookup, but more work by the folks who know postgres well would be
appreciated.

	-j