[rt-users] Re: [rt-devel] DBIx-SearchBuilder 0.81 released

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Sun May 4 08:48:50 EDT 2003

> > A number of folks wrote me to say that they saw dramatic speedups with
> > the new searchbuilder. I would, of course, appreciate additional help
> > tuning for postgres. I know there's been a suggested column type change
> > in the ACL system for faster querying which I haven't had a chance to
> > lookup, but more work by the folks who know postgres well would be
> > appreciated.
>
> Well yes, it dropped from `i-don't-know' to 8 minutes with this giant
> query.  Creating two additional indexes dropped it further to about 1
> minute -- which is still too slow.  Certainly I could rewrite some query
> manually to get some speedups if it helps (i.e. if it is integratable
> into RT or SearchBuilder).

Actually, I'd appreciate it if you could have a look at:

http://lists.fsck.com/pipermail/rt-devel/2003-April/003697.html

I think we're currently around aidan's partially-optimized query.
Would you mind having a look and seeing if you can improve on his work?
I'm happy to put in more effort to speed postgres up, if I can get more
input about what will help.

	-j