[rt-users] Re: RT 3.0 Speed

Simon Woodward sw-lists at onyx.net
Tue May 6 11:51:14 EDT 2003

Hi All,

> From experience, InnoDB is severely resource intensive.  We used it in the
> past, and after it brought our systems to a virtual crawl, reverted back to
> the normal MySQL tables...

I can accept it maybe InnoDB, purely taking the attitude that I haven't ever
used it before ;-) ... It wasn't something I chose, just something that I
discovered whilst trying to see what the problem was.

I discovered that MySQL 4 enables InnoDB by default and that the default schema
Jesse uses to create the RT3 set of tables, sets the tables type to be InnoDB.

I'll have to investigate if there is a way of converting back to MyISAM and
see if that fixes the problem I think, as its all I have to go on at the moment.

Cheers,

Simon.