[rt-users] Installation negligence

Ryan Wheaton rwheaton at moguls.com
Tue May 6 12:43:52 EDT 2003

Yea, i thought of this...  then i realized that my DB is stored on a 250M
partition.  crap.  Guess my only option is a reinstall?  Unless someone has
a better idea?

Are there any other config files that I need to copy besides
RT_SiteConfig.pm that will help me preserve what i've set up already?
(users, queues, etc)  Or..  is there a way to move that DB out of /var and
into /usr?

so far, here's the plan.  Lemme know if anyone has any pointers cause i've
never done this before and it's my first install of RT...

-backup RT_SiteConfig.pm
-edit /etc/my.cnf to point to a different datadir, add optimizations (from
the Speed thread)
-delete old install
-reinstall to /usr/rt3
-edit httpd.conf and change /opt to /usr

thanks again
-rtw