[rt-users] RT & Apache

amelton at gservices-us.com amelton at gservices-us.com
Thu May 8 12:21:50 EDT 2003

I believe that I have succsessully built rt-3.0.1 on OpenBSD 3.3.
However, I am having trouble getting to the admin GUI.  I have added an
alias for the NIC:

'ifconfig 192.168.168.51 alias'

This works, I can access the macine via ping or telnet through the
alias.  My /var/www/conf/httpd.conf virtual host directive looks like:

<VirtualHost 192.168.168.51>
	ServerName rt.domain.com
	DocumentRoot /opt/rt3/share/html
	AddDefaultCharset UTF-8

	PerlModule Apache::DBI
	PerlRequire /opt/rt3/bin/webmux.pl

	<Location />
	SetHandler perl-script
	PerlHandler RT::Mason
	</Location>
</VirtualHost>

I compiled RT with --with-mysal --with-modperl1.  This is apache 1.3

Can you see where I might be making a mistake?  Why do I see my default
/var/www/htdocs/index.html when I point a browser to 192.168.168.51?  I
even tried modifying my DocumentRoot of the main server to
/opt/rt3/share/html since this is the only website on this machine.
When I did that, I got a 404 error...