[rt-users] RT & Apache

Adrian Chadd adrian at creative.net.au
Thu May 8 13:18:33 EDT 2003

.. imho, and not seeing the rest of your apache, if you point a browser
at rt.domain.com with rt.domain.com mapping to 192.168.168.51 it'll work.

However, and apache can be quite black magic with this, if you point
your browser at 192.168.168.51 rather than rt.domain.com it doesn't
have enough information to determine the actual VirtualHost - so, depending
on how you have your apache setup it'l either;

* fall through to the default machine setup (ie, no virtualhost)
* fall through to some "default" virtual host, which I can't remember
  how or why at 1am.

(not having enough information actually means "Whats the Host: header?"..)

Adrian

> > However, I am having trouble getting to the admin GUI.  I have added an
> > alias for the NIC:
> >
> > 'ifconfig 192.168.168.51 alias'
> >
> > This works, I can access the macine via ping or telnet through the
> > alias.  My /var/www/conf/httpd.conf virtual host directive looks like:
> >
> > <VirtualHost 192.168.168.51>
> > 	ServerName rt.domain.com
> > 	DocumentRoot /opt/rt3/share/html
> > 	AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
> >
> > 	PerlModule Apache::DBI
> > 	PerlRequire /opt/rt3/bin/webmux.pl
> >
> > 	<Location />
> > 	SetHandler perl-script
> > 	PerlHandler RT::Mason
> > 	</Location>
> > </VirtualHost>
> >
> > I compiled RT with --with-mysal --with-modperl1.  This is apache 1.3
> >
> > Can you see where I might be making a mistake?  Why do I see my default
> > /var/www/htdocs/index.html when I point a browser to 192.168.168.51?  I
> > even tried modifying my DocumentRoot of the main server to
> > /opt/rt3/share/html since this is the only website on this machine.
> > When I did that, I got a 404 error...

> > Have you read the FAQ? The RT FAQ Manager lives at http://fsck.com/rtfm
> >

> --
>
>   Best regards,
>      Shimi
>

> ----
>
>    "Outlook is a massive flaming horrid blatant security violation, which
>     also happens to be a mail reader."
>
>    "Sure UNIX is user friendly; it's just picky about who its friends are."

Adrian Chadd			"It shouldn't take an hour and a half for
<adrian at creative.net.au>	  "any woman to take a bath."
				    - Captain Jerk, Women and ..