[rt-users] rt301 install problem - initializing Db

Ron Goodwin rong at formsys.com
Fri May 9 03:48:58 EDT 2003

After a great deal of hassle installing the dependent perl modules, I
finally installed rt then in the 'make initialize-database' I get the
error...

Password: /usr/bin/perl: relocation error:
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/i386-linux/auto/DBD/mysql/mysql.so: undefined
symbol: mysql_init
make: *** [initialize-database] Error 127

I have searched the list archives but the 2 similar problems I found
(Mar/May 2003) had no replies.  Does anyone have any idea?

I did notice that following the 'make install' it says to edit
RT_SiteConfig.pm, but in the RT3 Draft Manual that step comes after setting
up the Db.  RT_SiteConfig.pm is empty on installation, so wondered if this
was the problem????

Ron Goodwin