[rt-users] configure my apache to run RT along with other content

Greg.Hering at bench.com Greg.Hering at bench.com
Fri May 9 12:08:00 EDT 2003

What I did was set up an extra port for RT and then users can browse in to the main content and select RT as a link.

Standard IP based Virtual Hosting - single IP with multiple ports for host differentiation.

In the httpd.conf

Listen 192.168.0.1:80

Listen 192.168.0.1:8080

#Port 80

<VirtualHost 192.168.0.1:8080>

            DocumentRoot /opt/rt3/html/share

            ...regular stuff from the example

</VirtualHost>

When you browse to the site you get port 80 and the default root, /usr/local/apache/htdocs or whatever.

Then I have a link in that index.html <a href=http://192.168.0.1:8080/>Request Tracker</a>.

Don't forget to edit RT_Siteconfig.pm and change the WebBaseURL value.

            Set( $WebBaseURL , http://192.168.0.1:8080 <http://192.168.0.1:8080/>  );

Good luck,

Greg

Gregory L. Hering