[rt-users] RT 302pre6: again character enconding errors

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Sun May 11 05:45:57 EDT 2003

On Sun, May 11, 2003 at 11:19:41AM +0200, Dirk Pape wrote:
> Hello,
>
> we see again errors with 8-bit character encoding conversions. But the
> pattern is defiierent than before. RT behaves well for some time,
> converting between character set and displaying correctly in the web and in
> different MUAs.
>
> Suddenly - after some time apache is running - RT fails with this, and
> all/many (we do not really know) mails have mangled international
> characters and even the web display of the tickets are wrong.

Interesting. What perl version? mod_perl, not fastcgi, I presume?
It may be worth double-filtering your RT mail, so you can see if it's
something in a particular message that's doing it.

Thanks for the heads-up. 3.0.2pre6 seems better enough than 3.0.1 that
I'm not going to hold 3.0.2 until we find out what's wrong, but I
definitely get to the bottom of this

	Jesse