[rt-users] Int.characters in tickets: bug or config problem?

Hermann Wecke hermann at rodeios.com
Tue May 13 01:13:10 EDT 2003

On Mon, 5 May 2003, Harald Wagener wrote:
> Yes. Most of the web-related i18n errors seem to have been fixed in RT
> 3.0.2 pre 5, which is the latest and greatest.

I just upgraded RT 3.0.2 - from 3.0.1 - and I'm now having problems with
the international characters when I send an e-mail from the web interface
- which was not an issue with 3.0.1.

I tried to change the /opt/rt3/etc/RT_Config.pm to
Set($EmailOutputEncoding , 'iso-8859-1');
but I'm still receiving this (I'm using Pine and spamcop webmail to
test):

    [ Your display is set for the "ISO-8859-1" character set.  ]

Along with all international characters being changed.

(yes, I reloaded the Apache server)

Messages from e-mail into RT are well handled - no characters are being
changed. But it is impossible to reply to any message without messing up
everything.

Any clues?

RedHat 7.3, Apache 1.3.27 with mod_perl, Sendmail 8.12.6