[rt-users] RT2 to RT3 conversion troubles -

Mick Szucs mick at onramp.ca
Tue May 13 13:52:01 EDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-05-13 at 12:08, Mick Szucs wrote:
> Wait, it's interesting, I promise.
>
> Line 883 in my newly installed /opt/rt3/lib/RT/ACE_Overlay.pm looks
> like:
>
>   !  my %args = ( PrincipalId => undef,
>
> Phantom "!" again!

Okay - definitely not RT's fault.  Sorry for clogging your Inbox with my
thought process.

I became extra suspicious when tar refused to uncompress the rt tarball
I had used just minutes earlier, saying that it had invalid CRC.
Decided to put the machine through its paces a few times.

I downloaded the Linux Kernel source tarball and intended to uncompress
it 10 times into separate directories and compare the differences.  I
was only able to do so 3 times before the tarball was no longer usable
(CRC errors) and there were differences between the directories produced
by pass 1 and pass 3, including the addition of a couple "!" here and
there in various bits of code.

Not sure what's wrong, but I'm pretty sure it's nothing you all need to
concern yourself with.  Hopefully this means the conversion will be as
smooth once I get the hardware issues straightened out.

Thanks for your time,

Mick