[rt-users] User Manual Query

seph seph at directionless.org
Thu May 15 11:31:12 EDT 2003

> Page 27 of the manual discusses the difference between Replying and
> Commenting, and it says that Replies are visible to the requestor, but
> not comments.

this actually depends on how your permissions are set. usually one
sets like that.

> It then kind of implies that Replies will get emailed to
> those interested, as it starts talking about emails; and indeed, RT
> says 'correspondence sent' when you submit a reply. Is that the case?
> (My installation doesn't, so I need to look into why it's not
> happening!) Or do I need to delve into the scrips?

rt doesn't send mail unless there's a scrip telling it to. I don't
remember if the default install includes useful mail sending scrips or
not. It's been discussed to death on the mailing list. if you do
check, remember to check global and per-queue scrips.

> Incidentally, I know RT is GPL; what about the associated docs, like
> the manual? Is there a procedure for submitting 'patches' to the
> documentation? (I've got a little more to learn about the system
> before I start doing that, though ;)

I have no idea what license is on the docs. If you have any
suggestions you can send them to rt-doc-workers at lists.fsck.com (though
most of the doc-workers to read rt-users as well)

seph