[rt-users] $LogDir in RT 3-0-2

Jim Mozley jim.mozley at exponential-e.com
Thu May 15 13:07:07 EDT 2003

Hello,

I'm new to RT (haven't used version 2) and have started to get things
working. I noticed errors in apache's error_log file that have helped me
configure a few things correctly and also wondered if I would see any
messages in RT's own log.

I have an /opt/rt3/var/log directory but no logs in this.

I the have settings in RT_SiteConfig.pm:

Set($LogToSyslog    , 'debug');
Set($LogToScreen    , 'error');
Set($LogToFile      , undef);
Set($LogToFileNamed , "$LogDir/rt.log");    #log to rt.log.<pid>.<user>

I assume I need to change $logToFile from undef to something like 'info' to
get messages of info level and above?

I notice from looking at email archives that version 2 config.pm has $LogDir
defined further up in the file, but is not in the default configuration for
version 3. Do I need to add something like Set($LogDir , "/opt/rt3/var/log")
to the config.pm, depending on where I would like the log files to go?

Regards,

Jim