[rt-users] rt-mailgate EX_TEMPFAIL

Joseph Noonan jfn at msc.com
Fri May 16 16:09:04 EDT 2003

On Fri, 16 May 2003 at 9:58pm Richard de Jong wrote:

> Hi Joseph,
>
> Did you link /usr/local/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate to your /etc/smrsh dir? Only
> programs listed there, are trusted by Sendmail to excecute as an alias.
> SMRSH stands for Sendmail Restricted Shell.
>
> Grtz, Rich

Hi Rich,

I probably should have mentioned I am not running Red Hat and am
in fact running FreeBSD 4.8 which does not use smrsh by default.
Further, I've compiled my own sendmail that I know doesn't use
smrsh.  The failure message complains about '/bin/sh' and I'm
pretty sure that when using smrsh (I have used it before), if the
program isn't listed in /etc/smrsh (or .../sm.bin) that the
failure isn't temporary, but permanent.

Thanks,

--

Joseph F. Noonan