[rt-users] email gateway issue

Benjamin Herbert herbert at isis.visi.com
Mon May 19 17:53:06 EDT 2003

Our mail server is on a different machine that our webserver.  RT is
installed on the webserver.  I moved rt-mailgate to the mail server and
added this line to /etc/alises:

support:  "|/etc/smrsh/rt-mailgate --queue general --action correspond
--url http://name-of-webserver/

I then run newaliases.

When I send mail to this aliase there is no bounce but nothing shows up
at the webserver either.  It seems it sends it to a black hole.

Other than the "--url" option to rt-mailgate should I be doing something
else if RT is not installed on the same machine as the mail server?

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ben