[rt-users] Remaining issues in RT 3.0.2's handling of international characters

Iván Builes ivan.builes at uam.es
Wed May 21 12:21:07 EDT 2003

RT: 3.0.2pre6
OS: RedHat 8
Apache: 1.3.27
modperl: 1.27
MySql: 4.0.12
Perl 5.8.0
LANG=es_ES.UTF-8

Our RedHat 8 box is installed in spanish and we have problems receiving
international characters too.  We  have seen also weird characters in
our man pages, so we went to RedHat's FAQ and got suprised with lots of
UTF-8-related problems reported. Changing LANG  to es_ES solves the
funny chars while reading man  pages, but RT still displaying wrong
codes instead of, for example, every accented vowel.
Does anyone has tried to use a perl CGI to send the e-mail to a RT
queue?  We have recently made one  for handling the submission in two
steps. When the user submits the form the CGI shows the info typed by
the user giving the oportunity of going back or doing the final submit.
While doing some tests of the script I realized that  the perl CGI was
having   the same problem RT has. Almost all the tests were done with
Internet Explorer 6, but when switching to a Linux SuSE 7.3 box, there
is no problem sending email (with Netscape Messenger 7) to a queue or
using the browser (Opera 6.01 or Netscape 7) to do it with the perl CGI.

Does this rings a bell to someone?

--
Iván Builes Victoria
http://rincon.uam.es/dir?cw=691366577148437