[rt-users] Re: Overlays &c

David Z Maze dmaze at cag.lcs.mit.edu
Thu May 22 13:16:29 EDT 2003

Miro Jurisic <meeroh at MIT.EDU> writes:

> Having seen Jesse's presentation at MIT last night, and having just
> received a set of instructions for modifying RT to do my bidding (in
> the "Prettifying priorities in RT3" thread), I would really like to
> accomplish this using one of the RT tweak mechanisms which do not rely
> on modifying RT sources. So, where do I find information about local
> files and overlays in RT3?

RT has a "local" directory tree, by default in /opt/rt3/local.  Things
here take precedence over things in the actual install tree.  So if
you wanted to customize the main page, you'd copy
share/html/index.html to local/index.html, and edit the copy in
local.   If a file or directory doesn't exist in the local tree, the
version in the install tree is used instead.

David Z. Maze                                      dmaze at cag.lcs.mit.edu
Research Scientist                            http://www.mit.edu/~dmaze/
MIT LCS Computer Architecture Group   http://www.cag.lcs.mit.edu/commit/