[rt-users] RT3 speed thread

Scott A. McIntyre scott at xs4all.net
Fri May 30 02:45:53 EDT 2003

--On Thursday, May 29, 2003 19:02 -0400 Jesse Vincent
<jesse at bestpractical.com> wrote:

>> > set-variable    = query_cache_size=32M
>> > set-variable    = query_cache_type=1
>>
>> This would be for Mysql 4.0 only, right?
>

> Yes. And Mysql 4.0 is _strongly_ recommended for RT3. For high loads,
> RT 3.23 isn't the right answer.

For a variety of reasons we're not ready to jump to RT3 yet, but is there
any speed improvement for rt2 if mysql is moved to 4?  I'm already doing
innodb tables and that helped a lot, but some of the optimizations people
have suggested for mysql only come along in 4.

Anyone tried this rt2/mysql4 and can comment?

Thanks,

Scott