[rt-users] Problem installing rt 3-0-2

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Sat May 31 00:37:23 EDT 2003

On Fri, May 30, 2003 at 10:51:32AM -0700, John Gedeon wrote:
> >On Fri, May 30, 2003 at 08:44:46AM -0700, John Gedeon wrote:
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >>     I have been trying to install rt3 for the last few days and have run
> >> into an issue. The configure,make install scripts run fine, when I run

> At 10:05 AM 5/30/2003, Jesse Vincent wrote:
> >What database?
>
> Oracle 8.1.7

Right. Oracle isn't yet supported for ANY version of RT. There was a
beta-quality Oracle 8 port for RT2, that was known to have lots of
issues. Various folks hacked things up in different ways to help it limp
along.

Oracle 8 will never be supported for RT 3.

Oracle 9 support is coming along, but is currently a hobby project
for a volunteer. If you folks need Oracle 9 support, either contributing
development time to the port or underwriting the work will help make it
happen faster. Contact me off list if you'd be interested in either
avenue.

	Best,
	Jesse