[rt-users] Different actions on "Resolved"

David A. Ulevitch davidu at everydns.net
Sun Nov 2 13:23:51 EST 2003

Bob Goldstein wrote:

>>Derek J. Balling wrote:
>>

>>>For the record, I'd also vote for this ESPECIALLY in the case of:
>>>
>>><<< request

>>><<< "Thanks for getting it done"
>>>--- ticket-reopens on that

>>This is exactly one of the reasons.
>>
>>Another is that we get users who write to our donation queue and then
>>often write to the support queue to "let us know" they donated and our
>>support queue's resolved message auto-email says something like "If
>>you're happy with your support please consider donating" which doesn't
>>make sense since they've just emailed us to let us know they donated and
>>marking it as rejected doesn't seem right either although it is a solution.
>>
>>These aren't major issues, but are kinda annoying.  The issue Derek
>>points out is much more of an annoyance than the latter issue I point out.
>>

> Our previous helpdesk system was set up so that if a ticket
> was closed with some comments, those comments were emails to
> all the usual suspects, including the requestor.  However, if it
> were closed without any comments, it just closes without
> any email, for exactly the reasons above.  No extra box to
> check, just no email unless there is content to put in the email.

Bob,

If I understand you right, that'd be pretty much like getting rid of the
resolved email all around.  Because right now if you "Reply" to a ticket
and mark it as resolved they get your comments AND the "your issue is
resolved" email but if you just resolve a ticket with no comments they
only get the "your issue is resolved" email.

That's somewhat different from this situation where we *like* the
auto-resolved email, we just want a way to disable it in some
instances.  I'll take a look at the RT code later today if I have time.

Thanks,
davidu

  David A. Ulevitch - Founder, EveryDNS.Net
  Washington University in St. Louis
  http://david.ulevitch.com -- http://everydns.net