[rt-users] Email Identity field problem

Mike Frazer Michael.Frazer at InterCept.Net
Mon Nov 3 11:03:08 EST 2003

If you've created a ticket using that email address as the Requestor
Address, then the address already exists in the RT system.  View the Users
(under Configuration) and check the box to display disabled users.  If you
see one in there with a username equal to that email address, then it was
automatically created, and you can't enter a duplicate email address into
the RT database.  To get around this problem, open the disabled user and
change the email address to a non-existent address, and then go to the user
where you actually do wish to use the address and enter it.  It should
accept it with no problems.

-----Original Message-----
From: George Barnett [mailto:george at alink.co.za]
Sent: Monday, November 03, 2003 10:56 AM
To: rt-users at lists.fsck.com
Subject: [rt-users] Email Identity field problem

Hi,

I have an installation of RT3.0.2 running using external httpd auth.

I'm currently getting all my users to log in and enter their details in
the 'Preferences' section (email address, name, phone, etc).

We're having problems with the email address field though:

eg:

george at uk.ourname.net is accepted
george.barnett at ourname.net is accepted

but george.barnett at uk.ourname.net is rejected.

Has anybody run into something similar.

If there is more info needed, please let me know and I'll gather it.

This bug also appears on our 3.0.6 testbed platform.

--

George Barnett, Scsa
Reality Engineer

eml: george at alink.co.za

"You cannot slander human nature; it is worse than words can paint it."
-- Charles Haddon Spurgeon