[rt-users] RT3.0.6 and LDAP

John Jasen jjasen at datafoundation.com
Tue Nov 4 12:07:27 EST 2003

On Tue, 4 Nov 2003, Tim Stoop wrote:

> Hi people,
>
> I've got most of it working now, the only thing I need is an autohandler that
> works for 3.0.6. I have one that works for 3.0.4 (at least, I trust John
> Jasen that he sent the working files to the list ;-)), but I can't get it to
> work with 3.0.6.

been a bit busy ... I will confirm that I sent you the right autohandler
when I get a break.

> So, LDAP authentication works, but now, how do I make RT understand it? I'm
> not a Perl-monger, I can read it a bit, that's all. I hope someone can help
> with this.

RT ... at least in what I've created, autocreates an RT (mysql) account
for the user, leaving the password auth to apache (which leaves it to
LDAP).

In my config, the user does not automatically have the "let this user be
granted rights" box checked, and thus can't get very far. You may also
have to specifically grant them access to queues.