[rt-users] Moving RT3 off the web server root

Max Bowsher maxb at ukf.net
Tue Nov 4 14:49:49 EST 2003

Barry Roberts wrote:
> I have no experience with mod_perl or HTML::Mason, but I didn't think
> this would be very hard.  I finally got RT3.0.6 working on RH 9
> (whew!) but I wan't the URL to be /rt so I can do other things on the
> same web server.  Right now RT has taken / over from following the
> install instructions.
>
> I've been messing around with the httpd.conf, but I can't seem to get
> anything to work.  Does anybody have an RT at some other url
> (sub-directory-like) that could let me have a peek at their httpd.conf
> and/or whatever other config files you had to modify?

httpd.conf fragment:

Alias /rt /opt/rt3/share/html
PerlModule Apache2 Apache::DBI
PerlRequire /opt/rt3/bin/webmux.pl
<Directory /opt/rt3/share/html>
  Order allow,deny
  Allow from all
  Options All
  AllowOverride All
  AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
  <Files *.html>
    SetHandler perl-script
    PerlHandler RT::Mason
  </Files>
</Directory>
<Directory /opt/rt3/share/html/Ticket/Attachment>
  SetHandler perl-script
  PerlHandler RT::Mason
</Directory>
<Directory /opt/rt3/share/html/SelfService/Attachment>
  SetHandler perl-script
  PerlHandler RT::Mason
</Directory>
<Directory /opt/rt3/share/html/REST>
  SetHandler perl-script
  PerlHandler RT::Mason
</Directory>

You also need to set WebPath appropriately in RT_Config.pm or
RT_SiteConfig.pm

Max.