[rt-users] Mailbomb

Hermann Wecke hermann at rodeios.com
Tue Nov 4 20:55:48 EST 2003

On Wed, 5 Nov 2003, Tony Langdon wrote:
> Or alternatively, MIMEDefang, SpamAssassin and your favourite Linux virus
> scanner (I use ClamAV, which seems to work well).

spamassassin was active when the flood came in. All messages was scored
above 4 points. So I changed the trigger to 4. I just need to keep an eye
on the rtspamfolder (not an issue, actually) for those rejected messages.

> As for the mailbomb (to the original poster), what damage did it do to RT?

Except creating a few hundred new tickets, sending messages to all queue
members and giving me a few minutes of "change status" work, no damage at
all.

I'm just trying to avoid the same problem in the future. Lowering the
spamassassin score may help me, except if the mailbomb itself will not
scroe even the 4 points...