[rt-users] I am confused

nemir nemiria nemir at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 4 23:26:45 EST 2003

It might be that I am not confused,  but instead am dense.   I hope that
won't put you off giving me some advice.  Or a pointer to a RedHat how
to...?

I have read the documents on how to install several times through.  I have
read the recommendations as to what versions of what applications I should
install.   I think this is the first part of my falling down.  I am wanting
to install this on a RedHat 9.0 server.   The RedHat folk strongly suggest
that I use RPMs for everything possible.  They install by default Apache 2.0
and Perl_Mod 1.99 (or something like that.)

The install docs say that I should by preference use apache 1.3 and perl_doc
1.?   Should I remove these RPMS and get old RPMs of these applications ?
Can it work with the out of the box RH9 installation?  Are there any dire
implications for anything else by doing that stuff?

Would anyone have RPMs that make this easy?    Would people be interested if
I made some?  (I have done it once, and am interested enough to do it again.
   Learning Curve!)

anyways,   I guess some feedback from someone who's set up an RT server on
RH9 would be very appreciated here.

Thanks!

nemir