[rt-users] Moving RT3 off the web server root

Jan Algermissen jalgermissen at topicmapping.com
Wed Nov 5 10:14:12 EST 2003

Barry Roberts wrote:

> I have no experience with mod_perl or HTML::Mason, but I didn't think
> this would be very hard.  I finally got RT3.0.6 working on RH 9
> (whew!) but I wan't the URL to be /rt so I can do other things on the
> same web server.  Right now RT has taken / over from following the
> install instructions.
>
> I've been messing around with the httpd.conf, but I can't seem to get
> anything to work.

Try putting the RT related stuff into a <Directory> section:

<Directory /full/system/path/to/dir/>
SetHandler .... (what's in the example's VirtualHost config
</Dierctory>

Alias /web-dir/ /full/system/path/to/dir/

Then you need to update a variable in the RT configuration to tell
RT to prefix all paths with /web-dir/

If using virtual host, simply change the value of the <Location>
Directive and also update the var in the RT config file.

Note: I have not tried this, I justguess it works.

Hope it helps.

Jan

Jan Algermissen                           http://www.topicmapping.com
Consultant & Programmer	                  http://www.gooseworks.org