[rt-users] RT 3.0.6 installation issues

Phil Homewood pdh at snapgear.com
Wed Nov 5 18:40:42 EST 2003

Ma, Michael wrote:
>     RedirectMatch permanent(.*)/$ http://10.6.10.78/index.html

That looks bogus.

>     <IfModule mod_fastcgi.c>
>         AddHandler fastcgi-script fcgi
>         FastCgiIpcDir /tmp/rt-fcgi
>         FastCgiServer /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi -idle-timeout 3600
>         ScriptAlias / /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi/
>     </IfModule>
> </VirtualHost>
>
> I believe I did everything correctly but when I go to the site.  I am
> getting this.
>

> # BEGIN LICENSE BLOCK %# %# Copyright (c) 1996-2003 Jesse Vincent %# %#

<snip>

I'm guessing mod_fastcgi.c isn't loaded. If you comment out the
<IfModule> and </IfModule> lines, and do an apachectl configtest,
it should complain. If that's the case, make sure mod_fastcgi is
loaded.

> When I do a make install I noticed that some of the files that it was
> looking to copy did not exist.  Has anyone else run into a similar
> problem???   Any help, suggestions or advice would be appreciated.

"local" files should not exist in the distro. That's expected behaviour.

--
Phil Homewood, Systems Janitor, http://www.SnapGear.com
pdh at snapgear.com Ph: +61 7 3435 2810 Fx: +61 7 3891 3630