[rt-users] Assembling Search URLs (reformulated)

Jan Algermissen jalgermissen at topicmapping.com
Sat Nov 8 14:08:34 EST 2003

Hi,

one of the reasons I am very excited about choosing RT for our
project is its RT's RESTfulness, because we have other system components
that need to link to various pages of RT. One of those cases is to
assemble links based on a name that will allways produce certain
search results (e.g. all new and open tickets in a queue that have 'name'
as the value of a custom field).

I have now wrestled with the search related URLs for quite some time
and still make no progress - some hidden magic is in the way.

Can anyone help me with the information how I need to built up
one of those URLs I need?  The whole charme of what we are trying
to do on our project sort of depends on this.

Here is an example to explain what I mean:

my $queue_name = "Incidents";
my $related_part_serial_number = "778-889";

# Assemble the URL that gives me all new and open tickets in queue named
# incidents that have the value "778-889" as the name for custom field
# "related_part"  (the custom field is assigned to the queue, not global!)

my $url = "http://rt.example.de/Search/Listing.html?--WHAT GOES HERE???--

Is that possible at all?

Please help and thanks in advance.

Jan