[rt-users] reporting on custom fields

rt at mas.ml1.net rt at mas.ml1.net
Mon Nov 10 09:29:10 EST 2003

Hi all,

Just installed RT 3.0.6 and joined the list, so hello rt-users.

So far I've got a functional RT installation, one primary queue, and some
queue-specific custom fields. I'd like to produce a basic report on the
tickets in this queue; the headers of the report should be the standard
RT fields as well as the custom fields. Looking in the add-ons directory
I've found an example of reporting on the standard fields, but I can't
figure out how to list the custom fields (and then also their values) as
well.

There must be a standard idiom for this, but I'm having trouble figuring
out how to get the CustomField names and values using the RT object
interface. Obviously I could do all this just querying the database
directly and skipping the RT layer, but I'd like to figure out how to do
it through RT.

Any suggestions?

thanks in advance...

michael