[rt-users] reporting on custom fields

rt at mas.ml1.net rt at mas.ml1.net
Mon Nov 10 11:23:36 EST 2003

--On 10 November 2003 10:42 -0500 "Michael S. Liebman"
<m-liebman at northwestern.edu> wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 10, 2003 at 02:29:10PM +0000, rt at mas.ml1.net wrote:
>> Looking in the add-ons directory
>> I've found an example of reporting on the standard fields, but I can't
>> figure out how to list the custom fields (and then also their values)
>> as well.
>
> Have a look at the bug list for RT.
> http://lists.fsck.com/pipermail/rt-users/2003-April/013159.html

Thanks, Michael.

Yes, I've seen that, and it gets me part of the way there but not all; it
assumes you know in advance the list of custom fields. What I'd like to
do is get a list of all the custom fields defined for a particular queue,
then add those field names to my header list and add the value for each
field to the row for each ticket.

Or am I missing something? It seems like this should be a straightforward
operation once you know which method to call on which class to get the
information, but I can't figure out which method that would be. Maybe it
doesn't exist... :)

Thanks again for your help... any more suggestions?

michael