[rt-users] Re: WebExternalAutoInfo, LDAP, Mailgate and the whole mess.

seph seph at directionless.org
Mon Nov 10 13:45:18 EST 2003

Both of these have been answered on rt-users before

> I've just been trying to work out how WebExternalAuto/WebExternalAutoInfo
> is supposed to work.  In RT2 you put WebExternalAutoInfo() into the
> RT_Siteconfig file and it ran it, but doesn't seem the case now.  As far
> as I can see it now needs to be inserted into rt3/lib/RT/Interface/Web.pm.
> Is there a way of overriding that?

rt3 has a way to override functions. check the docs, or archives.

> Also, how is that going to interact with mailgate now that it uses the web
> interface?

I believe the mailgate goes through the NoAuth portion of the website,
you'll have to make sure it's actually NoAuth. Alternatively, I've
seen patches so mailgate can use basic auth.

seph