[rt-users] Permission Denied when replying

Gary Rule grule at bbn.com
Tue Nov 11 15:31:17 EST 2003

All,
	I saw a question similar to this back in July but it did not answer my
question fully.

Our setup:

All tickets are created by email only at this point it puts the tickets
in the General queue.

Someone from the support department then assigns the ticket to a
specialized queue like systems or networking.

I have given the right createticket to everyone in the general queue. If
a ticket gets closed and the requester thinks that the ticket should NOT
have been closed we would like them to send email with the Ticket ID in
the subject field and have it re-open the ticket but this is not working
since they do not have permission. It gives "permission denied" back via
email.

What right to I have to allow everyone in order for them to add to the
ticket via email? There is a global scrip that "on correspondence open
ticket" which will re-open the ticket is this the part that is giving
the denied message or is it just a problem with appending to the ticket
once it is in a specialized queue where everyone no longer has any
permissions?

My hope is I can allow the the users to re-open closed tickets ...but
only that.

I don't know if the permission denied is from trying to add to the
ticket or the system trying to re-open it in their name.

Thanks in advance
Gary Rule               2.6.0-test9-mm1 GNU/Linux
Systems Administrator
Ph: 617.873.3274
Fx: 617.873.4500
--
  The nice thing about Windows is - It does not just crash, it displays a
  dialog box and lets you press 'OK' first.