[rt-users] rt on fedora ?

Michael S. Liebman m-liebman at northwestern.edu
Wed Nov 12 22:30:08 EST 2003

At 01:44 PM 11/12/2003, Torkil Zachariassen wrote:
>Yes, "Requires: perl(MODULE)" seems to work fine. It also seems to work if
>I just drop all the requirements. The sneek in again somehow, and show up
>when rpm -Uvh rt-3.0.6.i386.rpm is run.

Well, if you are trying to build an accurate spec file, then you need to
include all of the dependencies in the spec. If you are just trying to get
it to install, then you are probably better off using the supplied tools
and compiling from source. (I'm not trying to start an argument on the
merits of only installing RPM packages vs. compiling from source, but just
explaining some of my recent experiences with trying to force feed RPM
packages into a system.)

>Installed are httpd-2.0.47-10, mod_perl-1.99_09-10, mysql-3.23.58-4 and
>all the perl rpm's within fedora. Is this mod_perl broken?

That mod_perl should be new enough and it is probably safe to use that
version in as the dependency in the spec file.

>$ ./rt-test-dependencies --with-modperl1 --with-mysql

Just to reiterate, mod_perl-1.99 the development version of mod_perl2 and
you should use --with-modperl2 when appropriate.

>The execptions is
>
>RT::Tickets_Overlay_SQL, which seems to be provided by rt itself, along
>with a bunch of other RT:: modules. Wonder how this should be handled.

It shouldn't be handled as a requires in the spec file. It is just a file
in the package. Are you using an automated tool to generate the spec file?

Michael

Michael S. Liebman                      m-liebman at northwestern.edu
                 http://msl521.freeshell.org/
"I have vision and the rest of the world wears bifocals."
        -Paul Newman in "Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid"