[rt-users] occasional "Unsupported conversion" error in autohandler

rt at mas.ml1.net rt at mas.ml1.net
Thu Nov 13 07:44:03 EST 2003

--On 13 November 2003 22:22 +1000 Phil Homewood <pdh at snapgear.com> wrote:

> rt at mas.ml1.net wrote:
>> error:  Unsupported conversion: Invalid argument at
>> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/Encode/compat/common.pm line 115.
>
> You really *really* do not want to be using perl 5.6.x with
> UTF character sets. Really.

Yeah, I know, and I didn't think I was; or at least, I'm trying not to.
:)

I changed @LexiconLanguages to en only, @EmailInputEncodings to
iso-8859-1 and us-ascii, and @EmailOutputEncoding to iso-8859-1. Neither
I nor anyone else will be creating tickets in anything but English, so
I've tried to turn off utf8 stuff everywhere I can. Is there anything
else I can to do to make sure that RT isn't using UTF characters? Because
that's really what I want.

Aside from that, do you think this is a UTF problem? Sorry, maybe that's
an obvious question, but it's not clear to me.

Thanks for your help!

michael