[rt-users] confused newbie is back

Jaime Diaz JDiaz at esabel.net
Thu Nov 13 12:11:54 EST 2003

Once you install MySQL you have the root account with no password (that you
should change, by the way).

It is possible to use the root account for RT (changing RT_Siteconfig.pm
accordingly), but I wouldn't recommend so. Your apache log shows that there
is a problem with the user you are using to connect to the RT's database.
If you're newbie to MySQL, I think it will be better for you if you use
something like phpMyAdmin to administrate.

You have created the RT's database if you executed the "make
initialize-database" during the installation. To check this out, you could
change this parameters:

Set($DatabaseUser , 'rt');
Set($DatabasePassword , 'bleh');

to "root" and leave the password field blank (you probably haven't changed
it). If it works, then create a new user in mysql and use that instead of
the root account (remember to restart Apache so changes take effect).

Hope it helps you.
J.